Tuesday 5 May 2009

Starting a journey on the road to alternative childrens clothes

I have decided its time to start a blog as i thought it would be interesting to look back on the progress i make as i set up my business.
I am in the process of building up 'Alternatots' which is aimed at all the goth, punk, rockabilly and emo babies and children out there.
Since becoming a mum to my gorgeous daughter Alicia who is now 20 months old i did what most other mums do and thought 'i want to try making children's clothes!' Although unlike most people this wasn't a huge step away from what i did before i had her. Since graduating from the London College of Fashion i had a couple of jobs both designing punk, goth and rockabilly clothes for adults, first working for 'Living Dead Souls' and then 'Hell Bunny' and 'Mercy'. As well as designing and making my own 50's Rockabilly dresses and other bits and pieces.
When i was expecting Alicia i was on the look out for cool clothes i would want to put her in and funnily enough i couldn't find any! (Well the odd thing here and there, i do like Sourpuss!) so i decided that that would be my next venture, i found that most of the alternative children's clothes were just slogan t-shirts or plain bodysuits with a print on them so thats why i am embarking on 'Alternatots!'.

2 comments:

  1. Hey I recenlty bought a lovely skull tutu skirt from you off ebay! I love your ideas- i also have a daughter and had trouble finding anything a little bit different apart from the odd printed baby grow! I have recenly set up a website for 'different' baby wear and i am trying to find ideas and stock for it. check it out -www.mommycat.co.uk (im not american lol). I havnt actually got any stock for it yet so ignore the stuff thats currently on there, thats just drop shipping stuff. Thanks again for the lovely skirt! -Brooke :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so nice to hear back from people who have bought things from me and i cant believe i only just noticed your comment, it just shows what a novice i am at this blogging business! I will take a look at your website now. x

    ReplyDelete